"Eckert Cycle Engine: The most efficient and promising of all currently proposed engine technologies without the high price tag and “deal breaking” limitations. Technology that doesn’t violate manufacturer’s requirements and is available in the short-term, not 20-years into the future."
- A uniquely designed Heat Exchanger allows liquid fossil fuels or biofuels (the source of heat) to burn for a much longer time than in conventional boilers or in cylinder combustion, providing more opportunity to eliminate unburned fuel and harvest more energy in the combustion process.
- This super efficient method rapidly heats and pressurizes an expansion media housed inside boiler tubes, which is then directed to a superiorly designed light-weight 8-cylinder engine where the expansion media moves the pistons in the cylinders (power strokes) and rotates the crankshaft in a most balanced manner
- The two-cycle design (power and exhaust) wastes very little heat as the expansion media, still under pressure (relative to ambient air) after producing work, is directed back to the Heat Exchanger to further contribute to the heat exchange process
- Now that most, if not all, of the energy in the fuel has been expended, the resulting cool exhaust is released from the Heat Exchanger into the atmosphere (via any emissions equipment required by law)
- THE RESULT IS: (All results are projected)
- Estimated 2X to 3X the fuel economy of internal combustion engines
- Significant emissions reduction
- Uses existing fueling infrastructures
- Much higher torque than internal combustion engines
- Equivalent horsepower with less displacement
- In vehicles, does not require a conventional transmission or elaborate cooling system
- Modular engine design
- Longer engine life with less service and repair required to maintain performance
- Adaptable to virtually every type of vehicle or equipment that uses an engine
***Automotive, Other Vehicle and Small Engine Opportunities
In the U.S. alone, cars and light trucks make up 43% of oil use. Approximately 72 million new automobiles are sold annually, with 15 million of those sales coming from the USA. Approximately 33 million new motorcycles are sold annually and 1 million of those also come from the USA. Finally, approximately 100 million small off-road engines are sold annually, and the USA contributes to 35 million of those sales.